SIFST helps our partners/corporate members to post their job openings for SIFST members.
For job postings, please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Lecturer (Food Science & Technology) – School of Chemical & Life Sciences
Singapore PolytechnicThe School of Chemical and Life Sciences (CLS) offers a wide range of courses to train technologists for the following key industries: food, chemicals, biopharmaceuticals and healthcare.
The job of an academic is challenging and meaningful. Not only will he/she have both the technical knowledge and working experience in the relevant discipline, he/she must also possess a passion for working with both young and adult learners, nurturing them to be work ready, life ready and world ready. There will be developmental opportunities to develop curriculum, introduce new programs as well as be involved in consultancy and applied research projects. Administrative work related to teaching and school/institutional strategic initiatives will be an important part of the job too. Successful candidates will be expected to be resourceful and innovative with initiative and good communication skills.
The appointee must be competent to teach two or more of the following areas:
• Food Process Engineering
• Food Packaging
• Food Biotransformation
• Food Ingredients
• Innovation in Alternative Proteins
- Conduct lessons, develop teaching and assessment materials, and facilitate learning for both Pre-Employment Training (PET) and Continuing Education and Training (CET) students
- Develop new and maintain existing teaching curriculum. This includes continual review of existing curriculum to make recommendations on areas of improvements that would enhance students’ performance, learning and employability
- Keep abreast of current developments and trends in the food industry so that curriculum is up to date
- Enhance students’ learning through in-class and out of classroom learning such as training students for competitions, guiding them on career choices, supervising projects and internships, and leading projects for overseas learning and community service
- Support the School’s strategic initiatives through involvement in committee work and consultancy projects with industry partners
- Handle teaching related administrative work such as preparation of teaching materials and coordination of assessment by the teaching team
- Provide pastoral care for students
- At least 2 years’ relevant working experience in food innovation/ processing/ safety
- Good insights of the food industry trends and experience in alternative proteins/ food waste valorisation
- Good analytical and problem solving skills
- Flexible, adaptable and have a growth mind-set to teach new modules
- Possess strong interest in exploring new technologies and pedagogical approaches
- Enthusiastic and positive individual who enjoys working in a dynamic environment and thrives under pressure
- People-oriented individual with strong interpersonal, written and communication skills
- Possess good teamwork attributes
Successful candidate will be offered a 2-year contract in the first instance.
Closing date: 14 March 2023
If you are shortlisted for the position, you should hear from us within 30 days of the closing date of the advertisement.